Sunday, July 10, 2011

my roots

I think it's about time that I introduce my family. I've mentioned earlier that I currently live in Pennsylvania with my husband and two cats- Lincoln and Lola. My husband is an engineer which allows us the opportunity to travel all around, as he works on various projects- basically building things. Once their built....we move on. We've lived in Texas, Maryland, Illinois, and now Pennsylvania. It's been fun moving all around and meeting new people. I have friends that I keep in touch with from every state we've lived in! 

our whole life in the back of a Uhaul



However, I must say it is not ideal for my job, working as a Montessori Teacher, consistency is important. This will be my first year working as a lead teacher in the classroom and I plan on staying put! We have decided that we will do whatever we have to do in order for me to stay at my school. I'm not quite sure what that'll be, but we'll cross that road when we get to it. Plus, PA is where my husband grew up and where we both went to college, so we have a lot of friends and family close by- which is a breath of fresh air! I can truly appreciate being close to those who truly know who you are <3


A few of my favorite things to do now that I'm back on the East coast are:


*Take weekend trips to the city (NYC that is). See...I grew up in Northern New Jersey, so going into NYC was always a favorite childhood memory of mine. Plus I have a few friends who live in Hoboken that I like to visit with.




*Go mountain biking with my husband. We've lived in some pretty FLAT places where going mountain biking was either an all day event (travel time to/from a trail) or it was just impossible! But... Pennsylvania has some pretty awesome trails that are reasonably close to where we live. I love being in the middle of the woods and feeling completely shut off from the responsibilities of the world!




*Spending time with my friends! Being able to just hang out is a luxury that I don't take for granted. When we lived so far away, I would make regular visits back home, but I would cram everything into my trip- so that I could see everyone! This made my trips back home crazy and hectic...and left little idol time for just hangin out. Now...we have a friends group that meets once a month- where we get together for food, drinks, games, and laughs. We take friendcations (friends vacation). I go shopping and actually have a shopping partner! And I have a dinner club with my best friend from college, A. Plus I am able to be there for all of the little things in life... like housewarming parties, baby showers, birthday celebrations, etc...


Ahhh... the east coast is definitely where my roots are!

No comments:

Post a Comment