Friday, July 8, 2011

baby boom

Well my last post was in Spring... and... it's now Summer! I'm sorry I've been so neglectful- but with the end of the school year, kindergarten graduation, summer vacation, and setting up my new classroom-I've been sort of busy! I'm also working part time this summer which doesn't help with the whole 'time' issue.
I have been going to school at least once a week so far...unpacking boxes, putting together furniture, setting up lessons, and basically putting together my classroom from SCRATCH! It's been exciting-but then again ALOT of work. Don't worry- I've been taking pictures of the process and will share them all with you later!

Now onto 'baby boom'. I guess I've reached the time in my life when all of my friends are beginning to start families...I've been through the whole wedding craze and what comes after.... the baby carriage of course! I have been busy sweat-shopping away making some very special gifts for some very special friends. I did start out embroidering a few of my famous onsies- but I wanted to expand the creative process. 
lotus flower (left), yellow bird on branch (right)


I got this awesome idea from the family that I'm working for this summer. With a newborn baby at home, they have plenty of baby clothes, burp cloths, and bibs! I noticed that a few of their plain white burp cloths were decorated with fabric...what a wonderful craft idea! So of course I went out and bought a 12 pack of cloth diapers that double as burp cloths, soft flannel fabric, and decorative ribbon. Then I started creating and just couldn't stop!




With Lola (my furry sidekick) sleeping at my feet, I made 5 burp cloths, 2 bibs, and 3 onsies! All together there are 4 coordinating sets.






As you can see these are all for girls...I do have a friend that is due in Sept. with a boy so keep a lookout for a another baby gift post! Below I will post some close ups of the details so you can take a better look. I had fun creating different looks for each burp cloth!



No comments:

Post a Comment