Wednesday, September 14, 2011

a few of my favs

School started full time this past Monday!!! I'm so excited and a lil' nervous...
...Set-up came and went with no major problems. I thought I had everything ready to go this summer, but it wasn't until I got into the classroom and really started walking around that I realized I had a little more to accomplish! I filled up all of our paperworks (I know paperwork... not very Montessori), made a few more materials to buff up my shelves, and did some last minute shopping. I wanted to share with you all a few of my favorite works on the shelf. I didn't have a chance to take more pictures, but I will share more of my fav's sometime next week.

Below is animal families. It's a felt board matching work where the children match the mommy/daddy animal to the baby. I love this work because the baby felt animals are SO adorable AND it uses my new felt board that I made!! I made it using a piece of green felt inserted into an old picture frame.





This work I made over the summer. I bought different music boxes from montessori services and printed out pictures to go along with the tunes of the music boxes. The child must play the music box, listen carefully, and match the tune to the corresponding picture. (below I have 'Happy Birthday', 'Twinkle Little Star', and 'Itsy Bitsy Spider')  This is a VERY popular work!




This work was passed down to me from another teacher and I think it's really neat! It's a wooden memory game with removable inserts so you can switch out the pictures/theme of the game. I started with fruits! (there are also colors, vegetables, shapes, etc.)


This is my singing bowl. It was given to me as a gift from a parent a few years ago and I always have it out in the classroom. I love  hearing the children play it during working time-- it adds a little feeling of peace to the classroom. I also use this in circle when we practice our silence game.



 I've been working on a new material for the classroom that I can't wait to share with you. Be on the lookout in the next few days for a tutorial! Happy Wednesday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment