Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandmas Blueberry Muffins



Today I'm going to share with you all a delicious recipe...The Cocozella family Blueberry Muffins passed down to me from Grandma McPhee!

I've enjoyed my holiday weekend (despite the on/off rain) and I'm super excited for school to start tomorrow. What better way to start off the first day of school, then with a yummy, warm blueberry muffin. MMmmmm...


Grandma's Blueberry Muffins
*Makes 12 large muffins

What you need:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup crushed blueberries
2 cups whole blueberries sprinkled with 1 tbsp of flour

What to do:
With a for, cream together butter and sugar.
Add eggs and mix.
In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
Put milk and vanilla in a measuring cup.
Add (in alternating fashion) flour mixture and milk mixture to the butter, sugar, and egg mixture.
Add blueberries to batter.
Spoon into greased or lined muffin tins, filling each 1/2-3/4 full. (grease top of muffin pan too!)
Sprinkle granulated sugar on top of each muffin.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes

Let cool and savor!


The best part of baking is the sharing! I'll be bringing these into school tomorrow to share with my fellow teachers... happy first day of school <3

No comments:

Post a Comment